P1000 - On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
P1000 Possible Causes
- The vehicle is new from the factory.
- Battery or Powertrain Control Module (PCM) had recently been disconnected.
- An OBD monitor failure occurred before completion of an OBD drive cycle.
- PCM Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) have recently been cleared with a scan tool.
How is the P1000 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
User Submitted Video
What is the cost to diagnose the P1000 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1000 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?If DTC P1000 is triggered after DTCs have been cleared, all engine management OBD diagnostic monitor drive cycles have not been cleared.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1000 MeaningThe On Board Diagnostic (OBD) monitors are performed during the OBD Drive Cycle. P1000 is stored in continuous memory if any of the OBD monitors do not carry out their full diagnostic check.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1000 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1000 BMW Secondary AIR Delivery
- P1000 DODGE On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
- P1000 FORD On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete ▶
- P1000 JAGUAR On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete ▶
- P1000 KIA System Diagnosis Incomplete
- P1000 LAND-ROVER Engine Control Module Memory Erased
- P1000 LINCOLN On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
- P1000 MAZDA OBDII Drive Cycle Malfunction
- P1000 MERCEDES-BENZ Secondary AIR Delivery
- P1000 MERCURY On Board Diagnostic System Readiness Test Not Complete
- P1000 MINI Secondary AIR Delivery