B1176 - Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
B1176 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Ajar Switch
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1176 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1176 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1176 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1176 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Passenger Door Ajar Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects an open from the right front door ajar circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1176 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1176 ACURA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Short
- B1176 FORD Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
- B1176 HONDA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Short
- B1176 LINCOLN Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
- B1176 MAZDA Front Door Latch Switch Right Circuit Malfunction
- B1176 MERCURY Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure