B1176 Code - Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
|B1176 code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Ajar Switch
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
|How is the B1176 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1176 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1176 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1176 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1176 code meaning?The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Passenger Door Ajar Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects an open from the right front door ajar circuit.
|Need more information with the B1176 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1176 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1176 code information for specific makes
- B1176 ACURA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Short
- B1176 FORD Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
- B1176 HONDA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Short
- B1176 LINCOLN Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
- B1176 MAZDA Front Door Latch Switch Right Circuit Malfunction
- B1176 MERCURY Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure