B1176 LINCOLN - Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
B1176 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Ajar Switch
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
Cost of diagnosing the B1176 LINCOLN code
The cost of diagnosing the B1176 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1176 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1176 LINCOLN Meaning
The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Passenger Door Ajar Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects an open from the right front door ajar circuit.