B1176 FORD - Passenger Door Ajar Switch General Electrical Failure
B1176 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Ajar Switch
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1176 FORDCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1176 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1176 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1176 FORD MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Passenger Door Ajar Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the BCM detects an open from the right front door ajar circuit.
B1176 FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1176 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals