P1335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor
P1335 Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Signal plate may be damage
- Starter motor may be faulty
- Starting system circuit
- Dead or weak battery
How is the P1335 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1335 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1335 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1335 MeaningThe Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) also known as the crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the crankshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module (ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor.
When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1335 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1335 AUDI Engine Torque Control 2 Adaption At Limit
- P1335 BUICK Crankshaft Position Circuit
- P1335 CADILLAC Crankshaft Position Circuit
- P1335 CHEVROLET Crankshaft Position Circuit
- P1335 FORD EGR Position Sensor Minimum Stop Performance
- P1335 GMC Crankshaft Position Circuit
- P1335 HYUNDAI #5 MF Signal Line Short
- P1335 INFINITI Crankshaft Position Sensor
- P1335 JAGUAR Crankshaft Position Circuit
- P1335 LEXUS Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit Fault
- P1335 NISSAN Crankshaft Position Sensor
- P1335 TOYOTA Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit Fault
- P1335 VOLKSWAGEN Engine Torque Control 2 Adaption At Limit