P0733 Code - Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
|P0733 code possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Shift solenoids
- Transmission mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control circuit
|How is the P0733 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|P0733 code tech notesStart by inspecting the transmission fluid level and condition, and change fluid if necessary.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0733 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0733 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0733 code detected?P0733 is detected when A/T cannot be shifted to the 3rd gear position even if electrical circuit is good.
|What are P0733 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Incorrect transmission shifting
|What is P0733 code meaning?This diagnosis monitors actual gear position by checking the torque converter slip ratio calculated by Transmission Control Module (TCM) as follows:
Torque converter slip ratio = A x C/B
A: Output shaft revolution signal from revolution sensor
B: Engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)
C: Gear ratio determined as gear position which TCM supposes
If the actual gear position is higher than the position (3rd) supposed by TCM, the slip ratio will be more than normal. In case the ratio exceeds the specified value, TCM judges this diagnosis malfunction.
|Need more information with the P0733 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0733 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0733 code information for specific makes
- P0733 ACURA Problem In 3rd Clutch And 3rd Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0733 AUDI Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 BMW Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
- P0733 CHRYSLER Gear Ratio Error In Third Gear
- P0733 DODGE Gear Ratio Error In Third Gear
- P0733 FORD Incorrect Third Gear Ratio
- P0733 HONDA Problem In 3rd Clutch And 3rd Clutch Hydraulic Circuit
- P0733 HYUNDAI Third Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 INFINITI 3rd. Gear Malfunction
- P0733 JEEP Gear Ratio Error In Third Gear ▶
- P0733 KIA Third Gear Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 LAND-ROVER Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 LEXUS Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 MAZDA Third Gear Error
- P0733 MERCEDES-BENZ Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
- P0733 MINI Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
- P0733 MITSUBISHI Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 NISSAN 3rd. Gear Malfunction
- P0733 SATURN Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 SUBARU Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 SUZUKI Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 TOYOTA Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
- P0733 VOLKSWAGEN Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio