B14BE - Channel 10 Audio Speaker Output
B14BE Possible Causes
- Faulty Audio Amplifier
- Audio Amplifier harness is open or shorted
- Audio Amplifier circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B14BE code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B14BE-11 CHANNEL 10 AUDIO SPEAKER OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B14BE-12 CHANNEL 10 AUDIO SPEAKER OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B14BE-13 CHANNEL 10 AUDIO SPEAKER OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN
B14BE-92 CHANNEL 10 AUDIO SPEAKER OUTPUT PERFORMANCE OR INCORRECT OPERATION
What is the cost to diagnose the B14BE code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B14BE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B14BE MeaningThe amplifier receives fused battery current from a fuse in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) at all times. The internal circuitry of the amplifier switches the amplifier on based upon a CAN-I bus message that is received from the Radio Receiver Module (RRM) whenever the RRM is turned on. The amplifier receives the sound signal inputs from the left and right rear outputs of the RRM, and then sends the amplified speaker outputs for each of those channels to the speakers.
The amplifier receives information from the Body Control Module (BCM) and RRM, that communicates the correct channel setting for optimum speaker sound and output.
There are two amplifiers available, an 8 channel, rated at 322 watts (7 channels are used) and a 12 channel (11 channels are used), rated at 506 watts.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B14BE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B14BE CHRYSLER Channel 10 Audio Speaker Output
- B14BE DODGE Channel 10 Audio Speaker Output
- B14BE FORD Driver Seat Back Blower Circuit Short To Ground
- B14BE JEEP Channel 10 Audio Speaker Output
- B14BE LINCOLN Driver Seat Back Blower Circuit Short To Ground
- B14BE MERCURY Driver Seat Back Blower Circuit Short To Ground
- B14BE RAM Channel 10 Audio Speaker Output