P1349 Possible Causes
- Dirty or low engine oil
- Valve timing
- Oil control valve
- Variable Valve Timing controller assembly
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P1349
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1349 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1349 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1349 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1349 MeaningVariable Valve Timing (VVT) system controls the intake valve timing to proper timing in response to driving condition. The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls Oil Control Valve (OCV) to make the intake valve timing properly, and, oil pressure controlled with OCV is supplied to the VVT controller, and then, VVT controller changes relative position between the camshaft and the crankshaft.
P1349 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1349 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1349 Information for specific makes
- P1349 AUDI Ignition Coil Power Output Stage 2 Open Circuit
- P1349 BMW Misfire Cylinder 4 With Fuel Cut-Off
- P1349 BUICK Intake Camshaft Position System Conditions
- P1349 CADILLAC Intake Camshaft Position System Conditions
- P1349 CHEVROLET Intake Camshaft Position System Conditions
- P1349 FORD Fuel Level Sensor 'B' Circuit High Input
- P1349 GMC Intake Camshaft Position System Conditions
- P1349 LEXUS Variable Valve Timing System Malfunction Bank 1
- P1349 MINI Misfire Cylinder 4 With Fuel Cut-Off
- P1349 TOYOTA Variable Valve Timing System Malfunction Bank 1
- P1349 VOLKSWAGEN Ignition Coil Power Output Stage 2 Open Circuit