P1295 - Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction Power Management
P1295 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
How do I fix code P1295
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1295 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1295 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1295 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1295 MeaningThe Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system is made of the components throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS )1&2 and Accelerator Position Sensor(APS) 1&2. The throttle body contains the actuator, the throttle plate and the throttle position sensor (potentiometer), which are integrated in one housing. The actuator consists of a DC motor with a two-stage gear. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. And it provides feedback to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control the throttle motor in order to control the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to the driving condition.
P1295 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1295 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1295 Information for specific makes
- P1295 ACURA Electronic Throttle Control Power Management Mode
- P1295 AUDI Bypass Turbocharger Throughput faulty
- P1295 CHRYSLER Reference Voltage Missing at Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- P1295 DODGE Reference Voltage Missing at Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- P1295 FORD Multi-Faults Bank 1 With Low Side Shorts
- P1295 HONDA Electronic Throttle Control Power Management Mode
- P1295 HYUNDAI Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction Power Management
- P1295 ISUZU Electronic Throttle Control Power Management Mode
- P1295 KIA Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction Power Management
- P1295 MITSUBISHI No 5 Volts To Throttle Position Sensor
- P1295 VOLKSWAGEN Bypass Turbocharger Throughput faulty