P1180 Possible Causes
- Restriction in fuel line
- Plugged fuel filter
How do I fix code P1180
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1180 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1180 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1180 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1180 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) information from the Natural Gas module (NG), which uses the information to infer Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP). The test fails when the inferred pressure is less than a minimum calibrated value.
P1180 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1180 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1180 Information for specific makes
- P1180 AUDI Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Positive
- P1180 BMW O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1180 CHRYSLER Decreased Engine Performance Condition High Fuel Temperature Condition
- P1180 DODGE Decreased Engine Performance Condition High Fuel Temperature Condition
- P1180 FORD Fuel Delivery System Malfunction Low
- P1180 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Regulator Malfunction
- P1180 LINCOLN Fuel Delivery System Malfunction Low
- P1180 MINI O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P1180 VOLKSWAGEN Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Positive