P1180 FORD - Fuel Delivery System Malfunction Low
P1180 FORD Possible Causes
- Restriction in the fuel line
- Plugged fuel filter
- Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Faulty Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve
- Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Rail Solenoid Shutoff Valve circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1180 FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1180 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1180 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1180 FORD MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) information from the Natural Gas module (NG), which uses the information to infer Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP). The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set and the test fails when the inferred pressure is less than a minimum calibrated value.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1180 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals