P1102 - Mass Air Flow Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected
P1102 Possible Causes
- Faulty mass air flow sensor
- Dirty mass air flow sensor
- Dirty mass air filter
- Mass air flow sensor harness is open or shorted
- Mass air flow sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Intake air leaks
How is the P1102 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1102 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1102 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?A voltage from the sensor is constantly approx. 1.0V when engine is running.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine stall
- Engine running rough
- Excessive fuel consumption
- Excessive smoke
P1102 MeaningThe Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor is placed in the stream of intake air. It measures the intake flow rate by measuring a part of the entire intake flow. It consists of a hot film that is supplied with electric current from the Engine Control Module (ECM).
The temperature of the hot film is controlled by the ECM acertain amount. The heat generated by the hot film is reduced as the intake air flows around it. The more air, the greater the heat loss. Therefore, the ECM must supply more electric current to maintain the temperature of the hot film as air flow increases. The ECM detects the air flow by means of this current change.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1102 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1102 AUDI HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 Short to B+
- P1102 CHRYSLER Viscous/Cabin Heater Relay Circuit Condition
- P1102 DODGE Viscous/Cabin Heater Relay Circuit Condition
- P1102 FORD Mass Air Flow Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected
- P1102 HYUNDAI Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Malfunction - Low Voltage
- P1102 INFINITI Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1102 JEEP Viscous/Cabin Heater Relay Circuit Condition
- P1102 LAND-ROVER Mass Or Volume Airflow Supply Low
- P1102 LINCOLN Mass Air Flow Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected
- P1102 MAZDA MAF Inconsistent With TP sensor
- P1102 MERCURY Mass Air Flow Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected
- P1102 MITSUBISHI Ventilation Control Solenoid Valve System- Traction Control System
- P1102 NISSAN Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P1102 SUBARU Pressure Sources Solenoid Valve Circuit Malfunction
- P1102 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 Short to B+