P0878 TOYOTA - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'D' Circuit High
P0878 TOYOTA Possible Causes
- Faulty Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Temperature Sensor Assembly
- ATF Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- ATF Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
First diagnose P0878 TOYOTA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0878 TOYOTA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0878 TOYOTA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0878 TOYOTA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0878 TOYOTA MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'D'. The ECM sets the OBDII when the Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'D' is not to factory specifications.
P0878 TOYOTA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0878 TOYOTA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals