P0871 - OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault
P0871 Possible Causes
- OD Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- OD Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty OD Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
How is the P0871 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0871 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0871 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?This code is set if the OD pressure switch is open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0871 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses three pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2/4, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0871 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0871 CHEVROLET Pressure Switch Solenoid 'E' Circuit Stuck Open
- P0871 CHRYSLER OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault 📷
- P0871 DODGE OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault
- P0871 GMC Pressure Switch Solenoid 'E' Circuit Stuck Open
- P0871 JEEP OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault 📷
- P0871 RAM OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault