P0871 JEEP - OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault
P0871 JEEP Possible Causes
- OD Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- OD Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty OD Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
How do I fix code P0871 JEEP?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
2003-2005 Jeep Wrangler
2003-2005 Jeep Liberty
2003-2005 Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0871
Cost of diagnosing the P0871 JEEP code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0871 JEEP code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?This code is set if the OD pressure switch is open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0871 JEEP MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses three pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2/4, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear as shown below.
P0871 JEEP More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0871 JEEP code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals