P0871 CHRYSLER Code - OD Pressure Switch Rationality Fault
|P0871 CHRYSLER code possible causes
- OD Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- OD Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty OD Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
|How is the P0871 CHRYSLER code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0871 CHRYSLER code
The cost to diagnose the P0871 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0871 CHRYSLER code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
|What is P0871 CHRYSLER code meaning?
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) uses three pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2/4, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set if the OD pressure switch is open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear.