P0776 TOYOTA - Pressure Control Solenoid 'B' Performance
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty line pressure solenoid 'B' valve
- Line pressure solenoid 'B' valve harness is open or shorted
- Line pressure solenoid 'B' valve circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0776 Toyota Description
The Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).