B1379 - Ignition 3 Fault
B1379 Possible Causes
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Body Control Module (BCM) harness is open or shorted
- Body Control Module (BCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
How is the B1379 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1379 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1379 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1379 MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1379 will set if IGNITION 3 is not active after IGNITION 1 has been active for 20 seconds. When DTC is present, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON indicator illuminates and check gauges chime will sound. A current DTC B1379 will clear when the fault is no longer present and the ignition switch is cycled. A history DTC B1379 clears when module ignition cycle counter reaches reset threshold, without a repeat of malfunction.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1379 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1379 BUICK Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 CADILLAC Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 CHEVROLET Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 GMC Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 HYUNDAI Front-Driver Side Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1379 KIA Front-Driver Side Airbag Resistance Too Low
- B1379 OLDSMOBILE Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 PONTIAC Ignition 3 Fault
- B1379 SATURN Ignition 3 Fault