B1157 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side)
- Front Airbag Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Front Airbag Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Airbag Sensor Assembly
How do I fix code B1157
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1157 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1157 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1157 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1157 MeaningThe Front Airbag Sensor (Right Side) circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly and Front Airbag Sensor RH. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1157 is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Front Airbag Sensor RH circuit.
B1157 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1157 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1157 Information for specific makes
- B1157 ACURA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Multiplex Integrated Control Unit
- B1157 HONDA Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Multiplex Integrated Control Unit
- B1157 LEXUS Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
- B1157 SCION Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
- B1157 TOYOTA Front Airbag Sensor RH Malfunction
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.