B1098 - Left Parking Position Light
B1098 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light
- Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light harness is open or shorted
- Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1098 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1098 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1098 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1098 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1098 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals