B1098 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light
- Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light harness is open or shorted
- Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1098 FORD
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1098 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1098 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1098 FORD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1098 FORD MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Front or Rear Left Parking Position Light is not to factory specifications.
B1098 FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1098 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals