B106A Possible Causes
- Faulty Window Defogger Relay
- Window Defogger Relay harness is open or shorted
- Window Defogger Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B106A code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B106A code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B106A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B106A Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B106A MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Window Defogger Relay. The BCM sets the OBDII code when it detects a short to voltage on the Defogger Relay Control circuit.
B106A More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B106A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B106A Information for specific makes
- B106A CHRYSLER Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A DODGE Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A FORD Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A JEEP Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A LINCOLN Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A MERCURY Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A RAM Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery