B1008 Code - Diagnosis Sensor Unit
|B1008 code possible causes
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit harness is open or shorted
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1008 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1008 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1008 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1008 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B1008 code meaning?The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects the whole SRS electrical system and displays the malfunction either by illuminating or blinking the air bag warning lamp in the combination meter. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects a shock that exceeds specified level and watches such systems as the driver and passenger air bag, side air bag, curtain air bag, pre-tensioner seat belts and Occupant Classification System (OCS) operate properly.
The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit contains the “G” sensors for both frontal and side collisions and spare battery function in case of main battery damaged in a collision.
|Need more information with the B1008 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1008 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1008 code information for specific makes
- B1008 ACURA MICU Lost Communication With The Gauge Control Module
- B1008 BUICK Calibration Data Not Programmed
- B1008 CADILLAC Calibration Data Not Programmed
- B1008 CHEVROLET Calibration Data Not Programmed
- B1008 FORD Wiper Mode Switch Signal Stuck Low
- B1008 GMC Calibration Data Not Programmed
- B1008 HONDA MICU Lost Communication With The Gauge Control Module
- B1008 INFINITI Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- B1008 LINCOLN Wiper Mode Switch Signal Stuck Low
- B1008 MERCURY Wiper Mode Switch Signal Stuck Low
- B1008 NISSAN Diagnosis Sensor Unit
|Need help with a B1008 code?Get the B1008 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.