P2299 - Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible
- Faulty Brake Pedal Position
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS)
- Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pedal PositionAccelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
With the ignition ON and no break or Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) faults present, then the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) recognizes a brake application following the APPS showing a fixed pedal opening. Temporary or permanent. Internally the PCM will reduce throttle opening below driver demand.