P1564 - ASCD Switch Malfunction
P1564 Possible Causes
- Faulty ASCD Steering Switch
- ASCD Steering Switch harness is open or shorted
- ASCD Steering Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P1564 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1564 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1564 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1564 MeaningAutomatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) (Cruise Control) steering switch has variant values of electrical resistance for each button. The Engine Control Module (ECM) reads voltage variation
of switch, and determines which button is operated.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1564 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1564 AUDI Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Low Voltage During Adaption
- P1564 BMW Control Module Selection
- P1564 BUICK Cruise Control System Vehicle Acceleration Too High
- P1564 CADILLAC Cruise Control System Vehicle Acceleration Too High
- P1564 CHEVROLET Cruise Control System Vehicle Acceleration Too High
- P1564 GMC Cruise Control System Vehicle Acceleration Too High
- P1564 INFINITI ASCD Steering Switch
- P1564 MINI Control Module Selection
- P1564 MITSUBISHI Auto-Cruise Control Switch System
- P1564 NISSAN ASCD Steering Switch
- P1564 VOLKSWAGEN Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Low Voltage During Adaption