P1540 Possible Causes
- Low A/C System Refrigerant
- Faulty A/C System Pressure Sensor
- A/C System Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C System Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1540Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1540 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1540 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1540 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the A/C System Pressure Sensor. The PCM sets the OBDII code when the A/C System Pressure Sensor is not to factory specifications.
P1540 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1540 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1540 AUDI VSS Signal Too High
- P1540 BMW Pedal Position Sensor
- P1540 BUICK A/C System High Pressure
- P1540 CADILLAC A/C System High Pressure
- P1540 CHEVROLET A/C System High Pressure
- P1540 GMC A/C System High Pressure
- P1540 MAZDA Supercharger Air Control Solenoid Short / Open Circuit
- P1540 MINI Pedal Position Sensor
- P1540 SUBARU Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction
- P1540 VOLKSWAGEN VSS Signal Too High