P1540 BUICK Possible Causes
- Low A/C System Refrigerant
- Faulty A/C System Pressure Sensor
- A/C System Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C System Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1540 BUICK code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1540 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1540 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1540 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1540 BUICK MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the A/C System Pressure Sensor. The PCM sets the OBDII code when the A/C System Pressure Sensor is not to factory specifications.
P1540 BUICK More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1540 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals