P1490 - Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
P1490 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- Clogged vacuum hoses to the Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- Vacuum cut valve bypass valve harness is open or shorted
- Vacuum cut valve bypass valve electrical circuit poor connection
How is the P1490 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1490 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1490 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1490 MeaningThe vacuum cut valve and vacuum cut valve bypass valve are installed in parallel on the EVAP purge line between the fuel tank and the EVAP canister.
The vacuum cut valve prevents the intake manifold vacuum from being applied to the fuel tank. The vacuum cut valve bypass valve is a solenoid type valve and generally remains closed. It opens only for on board diagnosis.
The vacuum cut valve bypass valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON (ground) signal, the valve is opened. The vacuum cut valve is then bypassed to apply intake manifold vacuum to the fuel tank.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1490 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1490 AUDI EVAP Canister Purge Regulator Valve 2 Short To Ground
- P1490 CHRYSLER Low Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1490 DODGE Low Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1490 INFINITI Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- P1490 JEEP Low Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1490 MERCEDES-BENZ Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Valve Defective
- P1490 MITSUBISHI Low Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1490 NISSAN Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- P1490 SUBARU Thermostat Malfunction
- P1490 VOLKSWAGEN EVAP Canister Purge Regulator Valve 2 Short To Ground