P1490 NISSAN - Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- Faulty Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- Clogged vacuum hoses to the Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve
- Vacuum cut valve bypass valve harness is open or shorted
- Vacuum cut valve bypass valve electrical circuit poor connection
2002 Nissan Altima
2003 Nissan Altima
2004 Nissan Altima
2005 Nissan Altima
2002-2005 Nissan Altima Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P1490
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1490 Nissan Description
The vacuum cut valve prevents the intake manifold vacuum from being applied to the fuel tank. The vacuum cut valve bypass valve is a solenoid type valve and generally remains closed. It opens only for on board diagnosis.
The vacuum cut valve bypass valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON (ground) signal, the valve is opened. The vacuum cut valve is then bypassed to apply intake manifold vacuum to the fuel tank.