P1436 Possible Causes
- Faulty A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor
- A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1436 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1436 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1436 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1436 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1436 MeaningIndicates the Air Conditioning Evaporator Temperature (ACET) signal input was less than the self-test minimum. The self-test minimum is 0.13 volt.
P1436 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1436 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1436 Information for specific makes
- P1436 AUDI Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay Circuit Electrical Malfunction
- P1436 FORD A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Circuit Low
- P1436 LINCOLN A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Circuit Low
- P1436 MERCURY A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Circuit Low
- P1436 TOYOTA Bypass Valve Malfunction
- P1436 VOLKSWAGEN Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay Circuit Electrical Malfunction