P1305 - Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 2
P1305 Possible Causes
- Faulty Ignition Coil No. 2
- Ignition Coil No. 2 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil No. 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P1305 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1305 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1305 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1305 MeaningDirect Ignition System (DIS) is a 1-cylinder ignition system that ignites one cylinder with one ignition coil. Ignitor is integral to ignition coil. The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines ignition timing and outputs a ignition signal (IGT) for each cylinder. Based on the IGT signals, power transistors in the ignitor cut of current to primary coil in ignition coil, causing ignition coil to fire spark plug. After delivering a command to turn off primary circuit on the IGT wire, ECM monitors IGF circuit to ensure primary switching occurred.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1305 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1305 ACURA Cylinder Number 5 Random Misfire Detected
- P1305 BMW Misfiring Cylinder 5
- P1305 BUICK Ignition Coil 2 Primary Feedback Circuit
- P1305 CADILLAC Ignition Coil 2 Primary Feedback Circuit
- P1305 CHEVROLET Ignition Coil 2 Primary Feedback Circuit
- P1305 FORD EGR Calibration Low
- P1305 GMC Ignition Coil 2 Primary Feedback Circuit
- P1305 HONDA Cylinder Number 5 Random Misfire Detected
- P1305 HYUNDAI Phase Sensor Abnormal
- P1305 LEXUS Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 2
- P1305 MINI Misfiring Cylinder 5
- P1305 TOYOTA Igniter Circuit Malfunction No. 2