P1248 - Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected
P1248 Possible Causes
- Damaged MAP hose
- Low turbo boost
- Intake manifold or crossover tube hose leaks
- Faulty MAP sensor
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1248 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1248 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1248 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1248 MeaningThe boost pressure sensor responds to pressure changes in the intake manifold. This pressure is created by the turbocharger and changes with Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) and engine speed. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses this information to assist in diagnosis of the barometric pressure (BARO) sensor and to provide engine overboost protection. The boost pressure sensor has a 5-volt reference circuit, a low reference circuit, and a signal circuit. The PCM supplies 5 volts to the boost pressure sensor on the 5-volt reference 2 circuit, and provides a ground on a low reference circuit. The boost pressure sensor provides a signal to the PCM on a signal circuit relative to the pressure changes. The PCM monitors the boost pressure sensor signal for voltage outside of the normal range. The PCM calculates a predicted value for the boost pressure sensor. The PCM then compares the predicted value to the actual signal.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1248 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1248 ACURA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 and 2 Incorrect correlation
- P1248 AUDI Start Of Cold Start Injector Control Difference
- P1248 CHEVROLET Injector 1 Positive Voltage Control Circuit Shorted to Control Circuit
- P1248 FORD Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected
- P1248 GMC Injector 1 Positive Voltage Control Circuit Shorted to Control Circuit
- P1248 HONDA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 and 2 Incorrect correlation
- P1248 ISUZU Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit Open
- P1248 MITSUBISHI AWD Plausibility
- P1248 VOLKSWAGEN Start Of Cold Start Injector Control Difference