P1246 - Alternator Load Input Failed
P1246 Possible Causes
- Faulty Alternator/Generator
- Alternator/Generator harness is open or shorted
- Alternator/Generator circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1246 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1246 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1246 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1246 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors generator load from the generator/regulator in the form of frequency. The frequency range is determined by the temperature of the voltage regulator where 97% represents full load, below 6% means no load.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1246 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1246 ACURA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 AUDI Needle Lift Sensor Circuit Range Performance
- P1246 FORD Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 HONDA Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 ISUZU Low Fuel Pressure Regulator Circuit Malfunction
- P1246 JAGUAR No Cranking Signal High Signal
- P1246 LINCOLN Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MAZDA Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MERCURY Alternator Load Input Failed
- P1246 MITSUBISHI Communication Error
- P1246 SAAB Intake Manifold Air Control Solenoid Inner Flap Open Circuit/Short To Ground
- P1246 VOLKSWAGEN Needle Lift Sensor Circuit Range Performance