P1244 Possible Causes
- Faulty Alternator/Generator
- Alternator/Generator harness is open or shorted
- Alternator/Generator circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code P1244
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1244 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1244 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1244 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1244 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors generator load from the generator/regulator in the form of frequency. The fault indicates the input is lower than the load should be in normal operation. The load input could be high when a battery short to ground exists.
P1244 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1244 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1244 Information for specific makes
- P1244 ACURA Closed Throttle Position Insufficient
- P1244 AUDI Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 8
- P1244 BMW Fuel Pump Emergency Shutoff
- P1244 CHEVROLET Injector 8 Output Circuit
- P1244 FORD Alternator Load Input Failed High
- P1244 GMC Injector 8 Output Circuit
- P1244 HONDA Closed Throttle Position Insufficient
- P1244 JAGUAR Barometric Pressure Sensor Range/Performance
- P1244 LINCOLN Alternator Load Input Failed High
- P1244 MAZDA Alternator Load Input Failed High
- P1244 MERCURY Alternator Load Input Failed High
- P1244 MINI Fuel Pump Emergency Shutoff
- P1244 MITSUBISHI RAM Test For All Area
- P1244 SUBARU Wastegate Control Solenoid Valve Malfunction Low Input
- P1244 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 8