P1218 - Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
P1218 Possible Causes
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) currently does not have a resistor value
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is unable to read resistor value
How is the P1218 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1218 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1218 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1218 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses a calibrated resistor internally in the Injection Pump to determine fuel rates. the resistor value is stored in the PCM memory. If the PCM memory has been disturbed or replaced the PCM will relearn the resistor value on the next ignition cycle. The code is set when the key ON or engine running and PCM does not detects a correct current valid resistor value, or it determined that it was unable to read the current resistor value.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1218 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1218 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 6 Short To Positive
- P1218 BUICK Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
- P1218 CADILLAC Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
- P1218 CHEVROLET Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
- P1218 DODGE Radiator Temperature Sensor Volts Too High
- P1218 FORD CID High
- P1218 GMC Injection Pump Calibration Circuit
- P1218 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 6 Short To Positive