P1214 Possible Causes
- Fuel Injection Pump Gear Alignment
- Fuel Filter Restriction
- Transfer Pump Inlet Restriction
- Faulty Fuel Injection Pump
How do I fix code P1214
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1214 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1214 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1214 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1214 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors crankshaft position through the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor. The CKP info is used to determine the amount of injection timing offset necessary for proper operation. This code will set if the TDC-Offset is greater than +2.46 degrees or less than -2.46 degrees. Sounds like you need to perform a TDC-Offset Learn procedure.
P1214 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1214 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1214 Information for specific makes
- P1214 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 2 Short To Positive
- P1214 BMW Fuel Pump
- P1214 BUICK Injection Pump Timing Offset
- P1214 CADILLAC Injection Pump Timing Offset
- P1214 CHEVROLET Injection Pump Timing Offset
- P1214 DODGE 1/1 02 Sensor Slow During Catalyst Monitor
- P1214 FORD Pedal Position Sensor 'B' Circuit Intermittent
- P1214 GMC Injection Pump Timing Offset
- P1214 MINI Fuel Pump
- P1214 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 2 Short To Positive