P1214 GMC Possible Causes
- Fuel Injection Pump Gear Alignment
- Fuel Filter Restriction
- Transfer Pump Inlet Restriction
- Faulty Fuel Injection Pump
How do I fix code P1214 GMC
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1214 GMC Tech NotesDiagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1214 stored in memory after replacement ECC was installed or fuel injector pump has been replaced.
Perform Top Dead Center (TDC) Offset Procedure to ensure proper injector pump timing. Use the procedure listed below:
1. Perform anti-theft (PASSLOCK) relearn procedure first.
2. Install suitable scan tool.
3. Using the scan tool, clear any DTCs present.
4. Start engine and bring to operating temperature. Shut engine down.
5. Turn ignition switch to the ON position, engine off (not running).
6. Fully depress throttle for at least 45 seconds.
7. Turn ignition switch to the OFF position for 30 seconds.
8. Restart engine. Using scan tool, verify that TDC offset has been cleared to zero.
9. Start engine and bring to operating temperature, engine RPM less than 1500.
10. Using scan tool, verify that TDC offset is between negative .25 to negative .75. If TDC offset is within specs, relearn procedure is complete. 11. If TDC is not within specs, it will be necessary to reset the injector
pump timing. Follow the procedure outlined in the shop manual.
Cost of diagnosing the P1214 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1214 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1214 GMC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1214 GMC MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors crankshaft position through the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor. The CKP info is used to determine the amount of injection timing offset necessary for proper operation. This code will set if the TDC-Offset is greater than +2.46 degrees or less than -2.46 degrees. Sounds like you need to perform a TDC-Offset Learn procedure.
P1214 GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1214 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals