P1179 - Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Ground
P1179 Possible Causes
- Faulty O2 Sensor
- O2 Sensor harness is open or shorted
- O2 Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1179?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1179 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1179 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1179 MeaningLinear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Ground is the generic description for the P1179 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1179 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
P1179 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1179 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1179 AUDI Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Ground
- P1179 BMW O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1179 HYUNDAI Electronic Throttle System Position Mismatch
- P1179 MINI O2 Sensor Signal Circuit Slow Switching From Rich to Lean Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1179 VOLKSWAGEN Linear Oxygen Sensor Pump Current Short To Ground