P1173 Possible Causes
- Exhaust leak
- Faulty Front Heated O2 Sensor
- Front Heated O2 Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated O2 Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1173
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1173 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1173 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1173 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1173 MeaningFront Heated O2 Sensor No Inversion is the generic description for the P1173 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1173 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1173 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1173 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1173 Information for specific makes
- P1173 AUDI Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal 2 Signal Too High
- P1173 BMW Ambient Pressure Sensor Rationality Check
- P1173 FORD Rotor Calibration Fault
- P1173 HYUNDAI Electronic Throttle System Rationality Malfunction
- P1173 LAND-ROVER RH Bank Front HO2S Signal Fuel Trim Malfunction
- P1173 MAZDA HO2S-21 No Change Detected
- P1173 MINI Ambient Pressure Sensor Rationality Check
- P1173 VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal 2 Signal Too High