P1167 - Heated Rear Oxygen Sensor 2 Maximum Voltage Monitoring Bank 2
P1167 Possible Causes
- Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1167?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1167 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1167 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1167 MeaningThe Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor 1 is installed in the exhaust system and detects oxygen content in the exhaust gas. The A/F sensor transmits output voltage to the Engine Control Module (ECM). A heater for the sensor element is embedded in the A/F sensor (sensor 1). It is activated and heats the sensor to stabilize and speed the detection of oxygen content by controlling current flowing through the heater. An increase in the current levels off as the applied voltage to the element electrode reaches a certain range because the amount of oxygen which is led through the diffusion layer is limited. The current amperage is proportional to oxygen content in the exhaust gas, so the air/fuel ratio is detected by the measurement of the current amperage. The ECM compares a set target air/fuel ratio with the detected air/fuel ratio and controls the fuel injection timing.
If the A/F sensor (sensor 1) voltage is low, the air/fuel ratio is lean, and the ECM uses A/F feedback control to issue a Rich command. If the A/F sensor (sensor 1) voltage is high, the air/fuel ratio is rich, and the ECM uses A/F feedback control to issue a Lean command.
P1167 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1167 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1167 ACURA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction
- P1167 AUDI Mass Air Flow Sensor 2 Unplausible Signal
- P1167 CHRYSLER Capacitor Voltage 1
- P1167 DODGE Capacitor Voltage 1
- P1167 HONDA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction
- P1167 HYUNDAI O2 Sensor System Lambda Controller at the Limit Bank 2
- P1167 INFINITI Heated Rear Oxygen Sensor 2 Maximum Voltage Monitoring Bank 2
- P1167 ISUZU Fuel System Rich During Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off Bank 1
- P1167 JEEP Capacitor Voltage 1
- P1167 KIA O2 Sensor System Lambda Controller at the Limit Bank 2
- P1167 NISSAN Heated Rear Oxygen Sensor 2 Maximum Voltage Monitoring Bank 2
- P1167 SUZUKI HO2S11 Rich In Decel Fuel Cutoff
- P1167 VOLKSWAGEN Mass Air Flow Sensor 2 Unplausible Signal