P1110 - Intake Valve Timing Control Bank 1
P1110 Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake valve timing control solenoid valve
- Intake valve timing control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake valve timing control solenoid valve may be faulty
- Crankshaft position sensor (POS) may be faulty
- Camshaft position sensor
How is the P1110 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1110 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1110 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine lack/loss of power
- Possible engine rough idle
P1110 MeaningThis mechanism hydraulically controls cam phases continuously with the fixed operating angle of the intake valve.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1110 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1110 AUDI HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 Short To Positive
- P1110 CHRYSLER Decreased Engine Performance Condition High IAT Temperature
- P1110 DODGE Decreased Engine Performance Condition High IAT Temperature
- P1110 HYUNDAI ETS System - Malfunction
- P1110 INFINITI Intake Valve Timing Control Bank 1
- P1110 JEEP Decreased Engine Performance Condition High IAT Temperature
- P1110 MAZDA Intake Air Temperature Circuit Open/Short
- P1110 NISSAN Intake Valve Timing Control Bank 1
- P1110 SAAB Charge Air Bypass Valve Performance Problems
- P1110 SUBARU Atmospheric Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction Low Input
- P1110 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 Short To Positive