P1103 - MAP Sensor High Voltage
P1103 Possible Causes
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)
- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) harness is open or shorted
- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P1103 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1103 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1103 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1103 MeaningThe Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's Engine Control Module (ECM). The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion. A fuel-injected engine may alternately use a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor to detect the intake airflow. A typical configuration employs one or the other, but seldom both.The MAP/BARO Switch solenoid valve switches it's air flow passage according to the voltage signal sent from the ECM.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1103 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1103 ACURA Mass Airflow Sensor Higher Than Expected
- P1103 AUDI HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 Voltage Too Low
- P1103 HONDA Mass Airflow Sensor Higher Than Expected
- P1103 HYUNDAI Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Malfunction - High Voltage
- P1103 INFINITI MAP Sensor High Voltage
- P1103 KIA Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Malfunction - High Voltage
- P1103 LAND-ROVER Mass Or Volume Airflow Supply High
- P1103 MAZDA MAF Inconsistent With TP Sensor
- P1103 MITSUBISHI Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator
- P1103 NISSAN MAP Sensor High Voltage
- P1103 SUBARU Pressure Sources Switching Solenoid Valve Circuit
- P1103 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S Heating Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 Voltage Too Low