P106A Code - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure Correlation
|P106A code possible causes
- Canister pressure sensor (canister assembly)
- Faulty Manifold absolute pressure sensor
- Faulty Canister pressure sensor
- Canister pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Canister pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P106A code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P106A code
The cost to diagnose the P106A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P106A code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P106A code meaning?
The code is designed to detect a deviation in the output characteristics of a pressure sensor.
The pressure of the canister pressure sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor is monitored 55 minutes after the power switch is turned off. If there is a difference in the pressures, the MIL is illuminated (2 trip detection logic).
|P106A code information for specific makes
- P106A LEXUS Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure Correlation
- P106A TOYOTA Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure Correlation