P0AA6 Possible Causes
- Faulty Hybrid/EV Battery Pack
- Hybrid/EV Battery Pack harness is open or shorted
- Hybrid/EV Battery Pack circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0AA6Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0AA6 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0AA6 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0AA6 MeaningThe Battery Energy Control Module will diagnose its own systems and determine when a fault condition is present. Diagnostics and system status is communicated from the battery energy control module to the vehicle control interface module through serial data. The vehicle control interface module is the host controller for Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) information.
The vehicle is equipped with a high voltage isolation monitor feature. The purpose of the high voltage isolation circuit is to test the resistance between the high voltage positive and negative direct current (DC) bus and chassis ground. The battery energy control module only runs this test when the ignition transitions from ON to OFF and the high voltage contactor relays have opened. The battery energy control module has an internal isolation sensor that measures the resistance between the high voltage DC positive and negative bus and chassis ground. The battery energy control module runs an internal self check of this sensor circuit. The battery energy control module sends an AC signal over the DC bus and monitors its amplitude. A low amplitude or collapsed return signal indicates a loss of resistance to chassis ground and a loss of isolation will be indicated by the hybrid powertrain control module 2. Because this diagnostic runs after system power down, the diagnostic status does not get reported until the next key cycle.
P0AA6 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0AA6 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0AA6 BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage System Isolation Lost
- P0AA6 CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage System Isolation Lost
- P0AA6 CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage System Isolation Lost
- P0AA6 GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage System Isolation Lost
- P0AA6 LEXUS Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault
- P0AA6 NISSAN Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault
- P0AA6 SATURN Hybrid/EV Battery Voltage System Isolation Lost
- P0AA6 TOYOTA Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault