P0994 Code - LR Pressure Switch Sense Circuit
|P0994 code possible causes
- LR Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- LR Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty LR Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
|How is the P0994 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0994 code
The cost to diagnose the P0994 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0994 code detected?
This code is set if the LR pressure switch is either open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear.
|What are P0994 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
|What is P0994 code meaning?
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) uses three pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2/4, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear as shown below.
|P0994 code information for specific makes