P0994 CHRYSLER - LR Pressure Switch Sense Circuit
P0994 CHRYSLER Possible Causes
- LR Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted
- LR Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty LR Pressure Switch
- Internal transmission damage
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
How is the P0994 CHRYSLER code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0994 CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0994 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?This code is set if the LR pressure switch is either open or closed at the wrong time in a given gear.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0994 CHRYSLER MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses three pressure switches to monitor the fluid pressure in the LR, 2/4, and OD clutch circuits. The pressure switches are continuously monitored for the correct states in each gear as shown below.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0994 CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals