P0833 FORD Code - Clutch Pedal Switch 'B' Circuit
|P0833 FORD code possible causes
- Faulty clutch pedal position top switch (CPP-BT)
- Clutch pedal position top switch harness is open or shorted
- Clutch pedal position top switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Vehicle push-started with the clutch engaged (clutch pedal released)
- Aftermarket remote starting device
|How is the P0833 FORD code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0833 FORD code
The cost to diagnose the P0833 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0833 FORD code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0833 FORD code meaning?
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM
) monitors the clutch pedal position top of travel (CPP-TT) switch only during the calibrated engine speed range (cranking speed range). This DTC sets when the CPP-TT does not indicate that the clutch is disengaged (clutch pedal pressed) when the engine is cranked
|P0833 FORD code information for specific Ford models