P0792 Code - Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
|P0792 code possible causes
- Faulty Intermediate Shat Speed Sensor 'A'
- Intermediate Shat Speed Sensor 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Intermediate Shat Speed Sensor 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P0792 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0792 code
The cost to diagnose the P0792 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P0792 code detected?
The P0792 code is detected if there is an excessive change in the output rpm in any gear.
|What are P0792 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0792 code meaning?
This sensor detects the rotation speed of the input turbine. By comparing the input turbine speed signal (NT) with the counter gear speed sensor signal (NC), the Engine Control Module (ECM
) detects the shift timing of the gears and appropriately controls the engine torque and hydraulic pressure according to various conditions. Thus, providing smooth gear shift.
|P0792 code information for specific makes
- P0792 CHRYSLER Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
- P0792 DODGE Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance
- P0792 JEEP Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance