- Dirty throttle body
- Electric throttle control actuator misadjusted or damaged
- Faulty Electric throttle control actuator
- Intake air leak
- Poor electrical connection to the Intake Air Control (IAC) valve
Tech notesIf there are no intake leaks, clean throttle body, adjust engine idle and erase engine code. If the code comes back you may have to replace the Electric Throttle Control Actuator (Motor) to repair the problem.
There is a factory service bulletin for the following GMC models:
2006-2008 GMC Envoy
2007-2008 GMC Savana
2007-2008 GMC Sierra
2007-2008 GMC Yukon
GMC Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0507
When is the code detected?Thi P0507 code sets when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects an engine speed outside of the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve range of control.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Rough or erratic idle speed