P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0460 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Level Sensor
- Fuel Level Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Level Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty combination meter
How is the P0460 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0460 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0460 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?Even though the vehicle is parked, a signal being varied is sent from the fuel level sensor to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Fuel level gauge improper operation
P0460 MeaningThe fuel level sensor is mounted in the fuel level sensor unit. The sensor detects a fuel level in the fuel tank and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The fuel level sensor consists of two parts, one is mechanical float and the other side is variable resistor. The fuel level sensor output voltage changes depending on the movement of the fuel mechanical float.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0460 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0460 CHRYSLER Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 DODGE Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 FORD Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 INFINITI Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 JEEP Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 KIA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 LINCOLN Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 MAZDA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 MERCEDES-BENZ Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0460 MERCURY Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 NISSAN Fuel Level Sensor Circuit